Puppy Screening Questions
you are interested in purchasing a puppy from Boondockers Farm, please fill out
the following form in its entirety. This questionnaire is designed to help us
screen potential buyers, to ensure our puppies end up in the loving, forever
homes they deserve. It also helps us to determine your needs so that we can
help you choose the best puppy to suit your farm or lifestyle.
you have completed the questionnaire, please copy and paste it into the body of
an email and send it to: Boondockers@live.com
1. How did you hear about Boondockers Farm?
2. Have you ever owned a Great Pyrenees or any other breed
of large dog? Please list all dogs you've owned.
3. Why did you choose this breed?
4. What are you looking for in a dog?
5. Are you interested in a male or female? Why?
6. Do you have livestock?
7. Are you interested in working dog or a pet?
8. If you have had working dogs tell us about the training.
9. Are you willing to allow the breeder to visit the dog?
10. Please the name and contact information of your
veterinarian if you have one yet.
11. Do you have any other pets? What type? How many?
12. Do you plan to breed? Have you have bred dogs before?
13. If so, why are you interested in breeding?
14. Are you willing to wait for a puppy if the right puppy
for you is not available right now?
A) Do you have
children? How many? Ages?
B) Do you rent or
C) If rental, has
your landlord approved ownership of a large working dog? Can this be verified?
Please supply your landlord's name and contact information. If you own your
does you homeowners insurance cover/allow the LGD??
D) Please specify
the type of home you live in (re: House, Condo, Apartment, etc.):
E) Is your home setting
Urban, Suburban, or Rural?
A) How do you plan
to house this dog? Inside, Kennel, Outside, Other? (Please explain):
B) Do you have a
C) What size is
your yard? (length x width)
D) If yard is not fenced, do you plan to tie or chain the
dog?E) How many hours a day will the dog be left alone?
17. Are there breed specific ordinances in your town? If so,
18. Are you governed by city, county or state ordinances
limiting the number of animals owned?
A) Please list
three (3) personal references, not related to you or living in your household,
and their contact information:
20. Please supply any additional information that might help
us find a suitable dog for you. (example: Describe the ideal dog for your